Activate Your Life Course
Is this course right for me?
This course is perfect for you if:
- You often feel down, depressed, or hopeless
- You have little interest or pleasure in doing things
- You have noticed you are not doing as much as you used to – whether these are things you used to enjoy (including hobbies and interests), things around the home, or important things you’ve been putting off getting sorted
What will I learn?
This course can teach you:
- That we all feel low in mood from time to time, but it can become problematic if we don’t know how to manage it
- Each session will help you understand more about what helps your mood level, and what makes you feel worse
- How to manage your mood better
- How to gradually start making positive changes in your life
What does the course cover?
The course covers understanding depression (information about depression and what keeps you feeling in low mood - known as the ‘vicious cycle’); taking steps to break the vicious cycle of depression; and how to maintain your progress and look to the future.
How does the course run?
- We invite you to attend 5 sessions of the behavioural activation course
- We will be meeting once a week for 1hr (same day and time each week)
- The sessions are non-interactive – you will not be expected to share your experiences with the group
- We expect around 15-25 people to be on each course
- Between each session you will be asked to go away and practice a skill that will help you to improve your mood
- You will be expected to attend all 5 sessions in order to gain full benefit from the course