One to one

Our Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners

Once you come into our service, one of our Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners, or PWPs for short, will be in touch to talk to you on a one to one basis about your problems. They will explain what help or support is available, give you information about what works best for depression and anxiety, and, if our service is right for you, recommend the best treatment programme for you.

If your problem is depression, anxiety (worry) or panic attacks…

We recommend that everyone coming into our service with depression, anxiety (worry) or panic attacks have a course or online treatment first. This is because these treatments can help you to feel better quickly and easily.

For a few people, having one to one appointments with a PWP by telephone or in person could be more suitable. You may, for instance, have communication or other difficulties that would make it harder for you to get the most out of a course, or you may need to work through an interpreter. Your PWP can let you know whether one to one appointments are recommended for you.

Most people with depression, anxiety and panic attacks find that a course treatment or online therapy programme is all they need to set them on their way to feeling better.

If your problems don’t get better after the first treatment we recommend, we can talk to you about further therapies which could help. Your PWP can arrange to put you in touch with one of our specialist therapists for further assessment and possible treatment.

We ask that you go to all of the course meetings and/or complete your online therapy programme before we can consider other therapies for you.

Ready to get in touch? Find out if we can help you HERE.

If you have another problem…

Our service has specialists who treat problems such as phobias, social anxiety, health anxietypost-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).

If this treatment is right for you, your Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner/s (PWP) may arrange for you to see one of these specialists for further assessment and possible treatment.

To find out more about these treatments click HERE.